Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
Total time: 40 min
Salmon alfredo is a great main dish if you're looking for a comforting pasta with a buttery fish flavor.
- 1 box (454g) angel hair pasta
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 fillets salmon
- 1 zucchini
- 6 shiitake mushrooms (or 8 portabello mushrooms)
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- 30-40 leaves of spinach
- 1 jar (411g) alfredo sauce
- Preheat the oven for 400 degrees F.
- Begin boiling water in a large pot. We will use this to boil the pasta in addition to the other vegetables.
- Lightly coat the salmon fillets with butter and place both skin-side down on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Once the oven is ready, place the tray in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, then set take out and set aside.
- Slice the zucchini into fine strips using a mandoline. If can also be sliced with a knife if you do not have a mandoline.
- Cut the mushrooms into thin slices. If you use shiitake mushrooms, make sure to first remove the stems.
- Add the angel hair and the garlic salt to the boiling pot, shortly followed by the mushrooms, then spinach and zucchini strips. Once the pasta is soft (around 10 minutes), drain the pasta.
- Mix the pasta mixture with the salmon mashed into chunks. Then mix with the alfredo sauce and serve.