Sweet Potato Pie
Last updated Sat Dec 03 2022
Prep time: 1 hr
Cook time: 1 hr
- 1.5 lb (2-3 medium sized) sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk (preferrably almond vanilla for silkiness)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 9in unbaked pie crust
- Boil the sweet potatoes for around 1 hour until the skin can easily be peeled off with a fork. Then drain, peel and mash the sweet potatoes in a mixing bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Place the crust in a pie pan if applicable.
- Add butter, sugar, milk, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon, and vanilla to the mixing bowl and mix thoroughly. Then pour into the pie crust.
- Bake the pie in the oven for 60 minutes or until a fork inserted into the center comes out clean.